The present clock was made by Leeson of Coleshill in 1877. It strikes the hours, chimes Westminster Quarters and shows time on two 5 foot diameter flat copper dials, one over the West door and the other on the north side.
The original weights were housed in a small shaft leading down to the church porch below but the pendulum and escarpment were removed and the clock was converted in 1973 by Smith’s of Derby to operate using a synchronised motor for the Going train and direct electric drive motors for the Strike and Quarters.
It has been serviced by the Derbyshire based clock maker/repairer Richard Blackwall since 1999. Since he semi-retired it is now serviced by the Cumbria Clock Company.